Meet Our Counseling Staff
Heidi opened Dirkse Counseling and Consulting, Inc. in 1997. As President of the company, she leads a team of professionals providing Human Resource Consulting, Counseling, Mediation, Personal-Vocational-Social Adjustment, and Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- HR Consultation: Heidi has over 25 years of experience working with businesses in the Portland Metro Area providing assistance in recruiting, creating job descriptions, team building, mediation, and helping to identify and implement ADA accommodation.
- VR Services & Counseling: Heidi is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling – Rehabilitation Specialization from Portland State University. She is a Nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor registered with the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapists. As a Professional Counselor for more than 15 years and with a total of 25 years in the field of Vocational Rehabilitation, Heidi has developed skills and expertise in a wide range of issues including Traumatic Brain Injury, ADD/ADHD, Bi-Polar Disorder, Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, and Adjustment Disorder. Advanced training has been pursued in the areas of vocational rehabilitation, couples counseling, and individual therapy
- Community and professional involvement: Current service on the State Rehabilitation Council and The Employment First Teams that promote employment for individuals with ID/DD.
- Nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, #15906
- Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapist, #C3861
- Certified Neuro-Emotional Technique Practitioner Certified Professional Mediator (through MTI)
- Certified Progressive Goal Attainment Program Interventionist
Andrew started with Dirkse Counseling & Consulting in 2004. He attended Beloit College, earning a BA in Communications and Creative Writing in 1994. He traveled abroad and taught English as a Second Language in Romania and Turkey. Upon returning, he obtained experience in PR/Marketing for Charter Communications. He earned his graduate degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from George Fox University in 2005. He is confident that his life experiences abroad as well as taking time between undergraduate and graduate degrees have afforded a unique perspective to the work that he does. He holds licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (Lic. No C2301), Marriage Family Therapist (Lic. No T0711) and is also a Clinical Supervisor. In addition to clinical experience, he has held Instructor positions with Multnomah University and George Fox University, teaching courses on Career Counseling & Development, Tests & Assessments, Introduction to Family Therapy as well as Theory and Approaches to Counseling. With Dirkse, he has held positions at all levels of the rehabilitation process (job coaching, job development, case management, assessment/evaluation, etc.) and is currently focusing on Training & Development programs.
Curtis joined Dirkse Counseling and Consulting in early 2017. He specializes in providing individualized support and guidance with all clients he works with. He believes that through personally tailored approaches, geared towards promoting self-determinism and autonomy, individuals can actualize their potential and find meaningful and enjoyable employment. He received his B.S. in Psychology from Portland State University and completed his M.S. in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling from Portland State University in 2019, with the aspiration of becoming a licensed professional counselor.